Tuesday, November 13, 2007

www.slacker.com

This is not a commercial, just an unsolicited recommendation. I was reading Rolling stone the other day and came across an add for http://www.slacker.com/, a website that allows you to build your own customized radio station. I've been listening to it for close to a week now and am thrilled with the service.

You can choose from a number of pre-programmed "stations" or you can choose your favourite band and the site will create a playlist featuring your favourite band and other bands either similar to in genre, influenced by or who were influences. I know that there have been other similar services but my experience is that you have to sign up and then the service times out it's free play. This seems to be unlimited. There are other options including record reviews, t-shirts and a portable player.

I spent the the first few days listening to my Yardbirds channel and am now listening to my Aerosmith channel. Ted Nugent's "Free For All" came on and sent me on an Internet search for that wholly excellent, long lost and under appreciated album.

Enjoy.

No comments: